Strength training programs for women are beneficial as they are the ones who are very prone to osteoporosis. Regular strength training exercises can help slow down and stop the development of this condition, as it can help increase the bone’s density and strengthen it. When you perform strength training exercises, you should expect the following benefits:
- Strength training can help decrease arthritis pain and helps increase your strength and your physical performance. You will notice that your hands will become stronger and that your legs can definitely support your knee and prevents it from feeling any discomfort.
- If you can do your strength training exercises properly, you are giving your muscles full range of motion, as it can help increase the muscles’ flexibility and balance. It can also help decrease the risk of having severe injuries.
- Strength training can help increase the bone’s density and reduce the risk of having fractures.
- These exercises can help increase your body’s metabolism. For women, these exercises are helpful in losing weight and in maintaining a normal weight. Performing these exercises can help you burn more calories, thus helping you maintain a healthier body.
- Strength training can be very helpful in managing diabetes.
- Performing strength training exercise can help you prevent depression and elevate your mood. The results are almost similar to the results provided by anti-depressant drugs and these exercises can also help increase the good chemicals in the brain.
- The ability for you to sleep quickly and deeply is increased and you are given the chance to have longer sleeps.
- With these exercises, your body will have improved aerobic capacity and you will gain greater strength and flexibility.
The components of strength training programs for women include:
- Warm-up – 5 to 10 minutes of mild aerobic movements and easy stretches to help minimize the risk of having injuries.
- Lifting Weights – one or two sets of exercises that is focused on each muscle groups with 8 to 10 reps. The progression of intensity can be done by using weights and gradually increasing the reps as you go with your workout.
- Cool Down – 5 to 10 minutes of breathing and stretching exercising. This is important as it brings your body to a stop while you are improving your flexibility and balance.
Strength training workouts are very easy to do, as you do not have to lift very heavy weights just to achieve your fitness goal and so it can also be done by women who are in their aging process. For more information on strength training exercises you can check some physical fitness articles or consult your local gym trainer for more help.